Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Patience

Psalm 27:14--Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.
Psalm 37:7--Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act.
Psalm 40:1--I waited patiently for the LROD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.

I never realized how much David talks about patience in the Psalms until just today. Lately, I have been the opposite of patient--especially in the area of house shopping. Read these definitions from Webster's:

Patience:
  • will or ability to wait or endure without complaint
  • steadiness, endurance, or perseverance in the performance of a task
*patience implies the bearing of suffering, provocation, delay, tediousness, etc. with calmness and self-control


Patient:
  • bearing or enduring pain, trouble, etc. without complaining or losing self-control
  • refusing to be provoked or angered, forbearing, tolerant
  • calmly tolerating delay, confusion, inefficiency
  • able to wait calmly for something desired
  • steady, diligent, persevering

No comments: