Friday, July 29, 2005

"Can you render unto Caeser that which is Caeser's!?"

Imagine being in a courtroom on a jury panel. 22 prospective jurors. After hearing about 15 jurors get questioned at length about their job, interests, and viewpoints you're up to be questioned in front of 30 strangers.

That was my experience this week on jury duty. As I began sharing about my job and my life, the district attorney was definitely concerned somehow that I would not be a fair and impartial juror. After hearing my answers to the judge and to the defense attorney, the first thing he asked me in a somewhat raised voice:

"Can you render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's!?"

It was pretty funny. The judge wouldn't let him ask that question and he actually stopped the DA from getting into a few other religious conversations. I wasn't surprised when I wasn't picked to be on the jury, but I was amused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B.) That made me laugh outloud!