Wednesday, April 12, 2006

answered prayer

Since I began campus ministry, I've known many of the Hmong students at the U of M. Their office is just a few doors down from the Rock Students office. Frankly, I love them! They have the largest, proudest, most active, and supportive student group I've seen. Since that time I've prayed for them, and that God might reach the Hmong community with the Gospel.

This afternoon, I had a student stop by the Rock Students office on the way to the HMSA (Hmong Minnesota Student Association) office and tell me proudly "I started going to church and I'm getting baptized this week!" How exciting to hear!

I didn't have a huge influence in this student's life in terms of sharing the Gospel with her or anything like that. But I was praying for her people, and I was a witness for Christ.

And God began answering that prayer of mine.

2 comments:

Maren said...

Karl, that's SO awesome to hear! I'm so encouraged and challenged by your heart for the Hmong students! Praise God!!! This gives me motivation to keep praying for them along with you!

your devoted wife

j said...

That's so great!! I love how God answers prayers. Go family Quickert!!